REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE APRIL 2020 EXAMINATION SITTING
Deadline for registration is January 24th 2020
The Diploma in Banking Programme (DIB) is a self-study programme that aims to supplement and expand knowledge of the banking profession. It is ideal for banking professionals and anyone interested in a career within the banking sector. The Programme’s content exposes students to the fundamentals of Banking Practice, as well as other topics that include Customer Service, Business Communication, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Information Technology.
DIB graduates without CAPE/GCE Advanced Level passes are also eligible for admission to the UWI St. Augustine to pursue any undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Social Sciences, including the BSc Banking and Finance. Graduates who maintained a B+ average throughout the programme are eligible for exemptions and credits within selected degree programmes.
The DIB is offered at two levels:
- Certificate Level
- Diploma Level
The Certificate Level comprises six modules:
- Customer Service and Business Communication
- Introduction to Banking
- Banking Law
- Introduction to Lending and International Business
The Diploma Level comprises eight modules:
- Financial Analysis
- Monetary and Financial Systems
- Principles of Management
- Banking Practice: Operations OR Banking Practice: Lending OR Finance of International Trade
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
Who should do the DIB Programme?
The DIB is programme is ideal for anyone with an interest in the Banking profession. However, it can be especially helpful for:
- Persons without CAPE/GCE Advanced Level qualifications who want to pursue a university degree at the UWI
- Support staff interested to advance knowledge of the Banking industry
- Supervisors, team leaders, aspiring managers
Benefits of the DIB Programme
- Gain admission to the UWI without Advanced Level qualifications
- Obtain an industry-recognized professional qualification that can improve opportunities for career advancement
- Increased technical knowledge of the Banking system and profession
Candidates for the DIB must meet the following entry requirements:
- Five CXC/GCE Ordinary Level passes, including English Language and Mathematics or a Mathematics-related subject, Grades I or II (Grade III accepted from 1998)
- Up-to-date IBF membership subscription
The DIB Programme was developed for self-study and as such, classes are not offered by the IBF. However, If you prefer to access taught classes for the programme, please contact us for a list of our recommended tuition providers.
To register for the Diploma in Banking Programme, please download, print and complete the following forms and return them to our office along with complete payments of the registration, annual membership and examination fees. The DIB Prospectus is also available for download. The Membership Application form can be found in the Membership section of this website. Payments can be made via debit card/credit card or certified cheque. Personal cheques and cash are not accepted by the IBF.
Examinations are held twice per year over the course of one week in the months of April and September.
- Conduct of the Examinations Guidelines for Students
- Membership Application Form
- Completion Timeline for Diploma in Banking