The Diploma in Banking Programme (DIB) is a self-study programme that aims to supplement and expand knowledge of the banking profession. It is ideal for banking professionals and anyone interested in a career within the banking sector. The Programme’s content exposes students to the fundamentals of Banking Practice, as well as other topics that include Customer Service, Business Communication, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Information Technology.
DIB Programme graduates without CAPE/GCE Advanced Level passes are also eligible for admission to the UWI St. Augustine to pursue any undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Social Sciences, including the BSc Banking and Finance. Graduates who maintained a B+ average throughout the programme are eligible for exemptions and credits within selected degree programmes.
The DIB Programme was developed for self-study and as such, classes are not offered by the IBF. However, If you prefer to access taught classes for the programme, please contact us for a list of our recommended tuition providers. The DIB Programme is offered at two levels:
- Certificate Level
- Diploma Level
Certificate Level must be completed prior to starting the Diploma Level.
Registration Deadline: Friday, July 23, 2021
Examination Period: September 18 – October 8, 2021
To register for the Diploma in Banking Programme, please download, print and complete the following forms and return them to our office:
Complete payments of the registration, annual membership and examination fees must be received prior to registration for the Programme.
The Certificate Level comprises 6 modules:
- Customer Service and Business Communication
- Introduction to Banking
- Banking Law
- Introduction to Lending and International Business
The Diploma Level comprises 8 modules:
- Financial Analysis
- Monetary and Financial Systems
- Principles of Management
- Banking Practice: Operations OR Banking Practice: Lending OR Finance of International Trade
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
Who should do the DIB Programme?
The DIB is programme is ideal for anyone with an interest in the Banking profession. However, it can be especially helpful for:
- Persons without CAPE/GCE Advanced Level qualifications who want to pursue a university degree at the UWI
- Support staff interested to advance knowledge of the Banking industry
- Supervisors, team leaders, aspiring managers
Benefits of the DIB Programme
- Gain admission to the UWI without Advanced Level qualifications
- Obtain an industry-recognized professional qualification that can improve opportunities for career advancement
- Increased technical knowledge of the Banking system and profession
Candidates for the DIB Programme must meet the following entry requirements:
- Five CXC/GCE Ordinary Level passes, including English Language and Mathematics or a Mathematics-related subject, Grades I or II (Grade III accepted from 1998)
- Up-to-date IBF membership subscription
Examinations are held twice per year over the course of one week in the months of April and September.
Please read our Response to the Corona Virus as it relates to upcoming examinations sittings.
April 2021 Take Home Assignment Schedule is now available.
- IBF Fee Structure 2020
- DIB Programme Brochure
- Standing Order Form
- DIB Prospectus
- DIB Student Handbook 2020
- Students’ Disability Policy and Procedure
- Completion Timeline for Diploma in Banking
- Code of Online Examinations Guidelines for Students
- Code of Take-Home Assignments and Exam Guidelines for Students
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Card
- Certified or Managers Cheques
* Personal Cheques and Cash is not accepted