Chartered Banker by Experience (CBBE) is designed for experienced banking professionals who wish to gain Chartered Banker status and become members of the Chartered Banker Institute. The qualification is intended for individuals who:
- Have at least 10 years of business experience, including 5 years of relevant banking and financial services experience;
- Want recognition for their expertise, experience and contribution to banking;
- Aim to meet current and emerging regulatory requirements for the demonstration of high professional standards; and
- Seek an accelerated, flexible yet rigorous route to Chartered Banker status.
The Chartered Banker by Experience qualification is designed to be challenging and intense. Most candidates are expected to complete the qualification within 12 weeks, despite having busy professional and personal lives.
It provides the opportunity for experienced bankers to reflect on their competence and expertise, and their experience in and contribution to banking. It also allows them to consider how their current and future career in banking, and their future personal and professional development, can be shaped by participating in this qualification.
Before you apply
Chartered Banker by Experience is the flexible, accelerated yet rigorous route to Chartered Banker designed for experienced banking professionals. Following pre-entry screening to ensure the suitability of candidates, there are three steps to complete to become a Chartered Banker:
Most candidates are expected to complete the qualification within 12 weeks and we expect all candidates to complete within 16 weeks.
- The Chartered Banker by Experience qualification costs £2,495.
- In order to complete Chartered Banker by Experience, you must become a member of the Institute. An annual subscription fee of £60 will become payable upon registration.
Becoming a Chartered Banker
Successfully completing the Chartered Banker by Experience qualification means you will become a Chartered Banker, join the rapidly growing Chartered Banker Institute of more than 30,000 members, and be eligible to use the ‘Chartered Banker’ designation for as long as you continue to meet the Institute’s ongoing requirements. In brief, these are to:
- Make an annual commitment to follow the Chartered Banker Code of Professional Conduct;
- Complete and record a minimum of 35 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) each year; and
- Remain a member of the Institute in good standing. Chartered Banker membership is currently £145 per year.
Map of Global Reach
Some Current Students
A brief glance at some of the countries with current students can be found below:
- Cayman Islands
- South Africa
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
Below are a variety of job titles of these students undertaking the programme:
- Accounts Assistant
- Branch Manager
- Capability Partner
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chairman and CEO
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Risk Officer
- Credit Risk Manager
- Customer Executive
- Deputy Head of Education – Charities & Government (ECG)
- Director of Remote Mortgages
- General Manager
- GM- Head of International Operations Office
- Group Chief Operations Officer
- Head of Credit
- Investment Executive
- Incident Manager
- Lead Agile Coach Operational
- Lead Regional Director
- Relationship Manager
- Senior Manager
- Money Market & Debt Funding
- Senior Vice President
- Wealth Management Consultant